- The Constitution Of India is the supreme law of India.
- The document lays down the frame work that demarcates fundamental political code, structure, procedures, powers, and duties of government institutions, and sets out fundamental rights, directive principles, and the duties of citizens.
- Jurisdiction : India
- Adopted : 26 November 1949.
- Date Effective : 26 January 1950.
- System : Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Republic.
- At its enactment Indian Constitution contained 395 articles in 22 parts and 8 shedules.
- At about 145,000 words, it is the Second longest active constitution – after the Constitution of Alabama- in the World.
- The Constitution has a preamble and 470 articles , which are grouped into 25 parts . With 12 schedules and five appendices, it has been amended 105 times ; the latest amendment became effective on 10 August 2021.
Indian Constitution Pdf :Constitution Of India