QuickBooks performs accounting tasks and brings all the financial data in one place for the convenience of users. The company files stores transactions, payable and receivable amounts, and all the other financial details of the users. But sometimes, the users find themselves in troublesome situations when the software fails to open the company file due to internal issues. QuickBooks error 6123 stops the user’s access to the company file and might lead the software to crash. This blog helps the victims of this error with the reasons for its development and the effective methods to fix it.
Avail quick troubleshooting by approaching a QB support team at 1.855.738.2784.
You face this error while opening or creating a backup file due to the following reasons-
- The company file data is damaged and is no longer readable for the software.
- QuickBooks fails to access the company file due to the changed location of the company file.
- Insufficient folder permissions also act as a barrier while accessing the company file folder.
Recommended To Read: How to solve QuickBooks Error 6189
Some easy and effective ways to get access to the company file again are given below-
Solution 1- Restore your backup file to get back your data
This error develops when the software fails to process the company file due to damage or corruption. You can fix the issue by restoring the company file using a recently created backup file, as shown in the steps below-
Step 1- Find the location of your Backup File
Use these steps to find your backup file-
- Open the QuickBooks menu and click Preferences.
- Tap Backup and select Reveal backup folder.
- Go to your backup file’s location using the file explorer and sort out its contents using the Date modified filter to find the most recent backup
Step 2- Restore the backup file data
Once you find the latest backup you created, apply these steps to restore the file-
- Approach the server computer and open the File menu in QuickBooks.
- Hit Utilities in the drop-down list and click Stop hosting multi-user access to switch to single-user mode.
- Go to the File menu again and tap the Backup Company option.
- Select Restore Backup and click the Local Backup option.
- Tap Next and select Browse to open the backup file’s location.
- Click Open and then tap Save to restore the backup file.
- Try opening the company file.
Try the next solution if the error develops again.
Solution 2- Use the Quick fix my file utility to mend the data file
QuickBooks Tool hub is of great help to repair a damaged company file. Make sure you use the latest tool hub version on your PC and apply the steps given below-
- Run the QuickBooks Tool hub and click the Company file issues menu.
- Tap Quick fix my file from the options and wait until the file gets repaired.
- Reopen the company file after the tool stops.
You won’t run into trouble opening the company file now.
This blog focuses on the reasons QuickBooks error 6123 develops while opening or creating a company file in your QuickBooks. You are advised to execute the methods provided in the blog to resolve company file issues in your QuickBooks.
If you find the methods too complex for you to use, take help from a QB professional at 1.855.738.2784.
You May Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks Error 15222
In case you have found a mistake in the text, please send a message to the author by selecting the mistake and pressing Ctrl-Enter.
<#Straightforward #solutions #QuickBooks #error