QuickBooks is a highly capable accounting solution that can finish long & tedious accounting & bookkeeping tasks within a reasonable timeframe. Small-scale enterprises are the major customers of this accounting software.
This accounting application has a specialized feature called ‘Multi-User Mode’ that enables multiple users to work on the same company file saved on the server computer of the network.
Sometimes QB Desktop users fail to access the ‘Multi-User Mode’ on the system & this technical issue is referred to as ‘QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working Grayed Out’.
Here, in this blog, a valid analysis of this problem is presented along with easy step-wise resolutions.
Are you presently disturbed due to the ‘QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working Grayed Out’ problem? You can dial +1-855-948-3646 to get assistance from our QB Specialists Team.
Relevant Factors That Provoke ‘Multi-User Mode Grayed Out in QuickBooks’ Problem
The following reasons can trigger the ‘Multi-User Mode Grayed Out in QuickBooks’ problem on the computer:
- Faults present within the configuration files (‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’) can disrupt the functioning of the multi-user mode in QuickBooks.
- Any major defect in the Windows security programs like the ‘Windows Firewall’ can hamper the use of multi-user mode in QB Desktop.
Also Read:- Easy Ways To Fix QuickBooks Error ps036
What Are the Appropriate Resolutions for the ‘QB Desktop Multi-User Mode Not Functioning’ Problem?
The following resolutions can easily eliminate ‘QB Desktop Multi-User Mode Not Functioning’ problem:
Resolution 1: Carefully put new & valid names on certain configuration files (‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’) to tackle this issue
- Here, the relevant step is to first open up the QB company file folder, and then you can easily view those configuration files that have ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ as file extensions. Furthermore, both these configuration files (Network Data file and Transaction Log File) will have a name exactly identical to the data file.
- Thereafter, simply choose the icon of both configuration files (‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’) & then right-click on both icons to effectively tap the ‘Rename’ option on the screen.
- Next, impose valid names on both configuration files like the following example: ‘compnew.qbw.nd.oldbynm’ and ‘compnew.qbw.tlg.oldbynm’
- In the final step, just press the ‘Enter’ key to correctly save both files’ names,following which you can utilize the ‘Multi-User Mode’ in QuickBooks.
Resolution 2: Ensure the correct execution of ‘QB Database Server Manager’ to completely remove this technical problem
- First of all, once you are able to launch the official Intuit website on the server, you will be required to download the ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’ through the relevant option indicated on that website.
- Afterward, just by saving & executing the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file, you can carry out the perfect step-wise installation of ‘QB Tool Hub’ on the server.
- Now, carefully launch the ‘QB Tool Hub’ window & then move on to the ‘Network Issues’ menu on that window so that you can launch the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ utility, following which you can load the data file via the ‘Browse’ feature.
- Next, instantly tap the ‘Start Scan’ button to finish the complete scan & repair of the data file, after which you must go to the workstation to successfully utilize the ‘Multi-User Mode’.
By properly implementing these resolutions, it is possible to completely eliminate the ‘QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working Grayed Out’ problem. For more help, dial +1-855-948-3646 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Related Post – How can Quickbooks Error 6000 1076 be Eliminated?
In case you have found a mistake in the text, please send a message to the author by selecting the mistake and pressing Ctrl-Enter.
<#QuickBooks #Multi #User #Mode #Working #Grayed #Verified #Resolutions