PRISONS IN INDIA:
- Prison means a place or area which is used under the general or specific order of state government for the temporary or permanent detention of prisoners or for the contentment of those persons convicted by a court. The person, on whom proceedings are going or in the courts are kept.
- The object of prison is to reform a criminal and to make them independent.
- The objective of prison is not to have retribution against on offender.it aims to make a prisoner a better human being so that he may become a good citizen and a useful person for the society in future.
- The possibility of reformation of a prisoner depends up to a great extent on his nature. If a prisoner is such a hardened criminal who has committed many murders, he cannot be reformed.
- Penitentiary prisons:
- In these prisons the adult, old and mature criminals are kept.
- A separate arrangement is made in these prisons for cruel and hardened criminals. They are kept in separate cells.
- Reformatory house:
- Minor and growing up offenders are kept in such houses. The age of such offenders must be between 16 to 30.
- The women were also kept in these prisons.
- Correctional house:
- All those people about whom the court believes the prospects of reformation often completing their punishment are also sent to correction house.
- TYPES OF PRISONS:
- CENTRAL JAIL:
The prisoners sentenced to imprisonment for more than two years will be sent to the Central Jails. Delhi has the highest number of 16 Central Jails.
- DISTRICT JAIL
District jails are the same as central jails, serve as the main prisons in states and union territories where there are no Central Jails.
- SUB JAIL
Sub jails are smaller institutions situated at a sub-divisional level in the States.
- WOMEN JAIL
Women’s jails are prisons that exclusively house female prisoners. Women’s jails may exist at the sub-divisional, district and central (zone/range) levels.
- OPEN JAIL
Open jails are basic security prisons. Only convicted prisoners with good behavior satisfying are sent to the open jails.
- SPECIAL JAIL
Prisoners in special jails are generally been convicted of offences such as terrorism, violent crimes, habitual offenders, murders and showing tendencies towards violence and aggression.
- OTHER JAIL
- BORSTAL SCHOOL
Borstal school is for the minor prisoners where they can get good caretakers, school education provided to them. They brush up their mind for being good in society.
I was recommended this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You’re wonderful! Thanks!
Thanks for any other great article. The place else may just anybody get that type of information in such an ideal method of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m on the search for such info.
Many thanks for this article. I will also like to talk about the fact that it can become hard when you find yourself in school and merely starting out to establish a long credit score. There are many scholars who are just simply trying to make it through and have a long or positive credit history can sometimes be a difficult thing to have.
Of course, what a great site and enlightening posts, I definitely will bookmark your site.All the Best!