MONUMENTS IN INDIA
India is a nation that is well known for its wide range of Historical Monuments. The country is a beautiful amalgamation of diverse cultures, religions, traditions and customs. People call India ‘Sone Ki Chidiya’ as India is a land of beautiful ancient architecture that attracts people’s attention. Historical Places of India represents the great achievement in art and architecture. These monuments were built by Indian Kings as a symbol of their glory in wars or to represent the beautiful cultural heritage of India.
- TAJ MAHAL: Taj Mahal is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and the most popular tourist attraction in the country. The Taj Mahal was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan.it is located in Agra.
- QUTUB MINAR: Qutub Minar construction was started by Qutbuddin aibak the founder of the Delhi sultanate.it was completed by iltumish by adding three stories in it.
- AJANTA CAVES: Ajanta caves are an amalgamation of Buddhist, Jain and Hindu monuments. Ajanta caves are 29 in number.
- GATEWAY OF INDIA: The gateway of India was built in 1924 by the famous architect George wittet. It is located in Mumbai.
- GOLDEN TEMPLE: The golden temple is also known as harmindar sahib is spiritually the most significant shrine in Sikhism. In 1604 placed a copy of the Adi Granth in harmindar sahib.
- LOTUS TEMPLE: The lotus temple is an edifice dedicated to the Baha’i faith. Designed by Canadian architect Fariborz sahaba and was completed in the year 1986.
- MYSORE PALACE: Mysore palace is also known as the Amba Vilas Palace, it is the former palace of the royal family of Mysore.
- RED FORT: The red fort of Agra was built by Emperor Akbar.it is made entirely of red sandstone.
- VICTORIA MEMORIAL: Victoria memorial Kolkata white marbled opulent structure was built in memory of queen victoria
These are only a few monuments, apart from this India many more and marvelous monuments and architectural site with a beautiful cultural heritage.