India Became Independent Country on 15th August 1947 .
After that Indian Leaders had decided to follow the parliamentary system because we are been familiar with its working during the British colonial rule.
INDIA – The Largest (democratic) Country
Rule by the people
- What Is Parliament:
A Parliament is a Legislative ( Law making )Body of Government.
- THE WORD PARLIAMENT :
Come From French verb ‘‘Parler’’ Which means to ‘’Speak’’ which make sense that this group of people assemble to talk about laws issues.
- The Indian parliament comprises of two houses – 1) Lok Sabha ( House of people 2) Rajya Sabha (Counsil of states) 3) The President
- Lok Sabha :
It is also Called as lower house ( House of people)
- The maximum member ship allotted for lok sabha by the constitution in india is 552.
- Presently There are 543 elected members in lok sabha.
- Nomination of 2 anglo Indian system was discorded in the year 2020 july 25
- The President appoints the ptotempt Speaker.
- The Protempt Speaker Appoints , the speaker of lok sabha who elected from members of lok sabha its self in the first meeting.
- Present lok sabha speaker is Om birla.
- The term limit of lok sabha is – 5 years.
- The president Can dissolve the lok sabha on the advise of council of ministers.
- Rajya Sabha :
- It is also called upper house of the parliament.
- There are 245 seats in Rajya sabha ( 233 elected + 12 nominated by the president).
- The chairman of Rajya sabha – Vice president of india. ( at present Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu ; since 2017 august.
- The term limit of Rajya sabha – 6 years
- Rajya sabha is permanent body and is not subject to dissolution.
- 1/3 of members retire every second year and relpaced by newly elected members.
- President :
The president was indirectly elected by an electoral college comprising bothbhouses of parliament and the legislative assemblies of states and union territories , who them selves are all directly elected.
- The First Citizen Of India.
- The Head of state of the nation.
- The Comander – in – chief of our three armed forces.