IMPORTANCE OF AGRICULTURE:
Agriculture is the art or science of the production of crops and livestock on a farm. In economics, we use the term as relating to every aspect of cultivation. The main purpose of agriculture is to produce wage goods such as food grains, milk, vegetables, pulses, raw materials, etc. For decades, agriculture has been associated with the production of essential food crops. At present agriculture above and beyond farming includes forestry, dairy fruit, cultivation, poultry, beekeeping, mushroom, arbitrary, etc.
- Agriculture provides employment opportunities to a very large percentage of the population.
- Economic development attempted in successive five-year plans has made agriculture a pride of the national economy.
- Agriculture is the source of livelihood.
- Supply of raw materials like cotton for textile and seed for the oil industry.
- Today processing, marketing and distribution of crops and livestock products, etc. are all acknowledged as part of current agriculture. thus agriculture could be referred to as the production, processing, promotion, and distribution of agricultural products.
- Source of demand for industrial goods.
- Agriculture contributes to international trade that is nothing but import and export.
- Agriculture is the wealth of the nation.
- Agriculture is the backbone of the economic system of a given country.
- Agriculture heals the environment which got affected due to global warming.
- Agricultural sector development takes place, production increases and this leads to the expansion of marketable surplus.
- Agriculture is the most peaceful and environmentally friendly method.
- Agriculture plays a crucial role in the medical field and health department.
- Agriculture plays a critical role in the entire life of a given economy.