15th President Of India
( DROUPADI MURMU)
1. Droupadi Murmu is the 15th and Current President Of India since 25 july 2022.
2. She is the member of Bharatiya janata Party.
3. She is First person belonging to the tribal community
4. The second woman after Pratibha patil to hold the President’s Office.
1. Droupadi Murmu was born to a Santali Family on 20 June 1958, in Uparbeda village which is the Baidaposi area of Rairangpur, Odisha.
2. Her father is Biranchi Narayan Tudu and he was a farmer.
3. Her father and grand father are traditional heads of ( Sarpanch) of village council (Gram Panchayat).
4. Droupadi Murmu named as ( Puti Tudu) by her family. She was renamed by her teacher as Droupadi .
1. Murmu Studied elementary education at the local primary school in Uperbeda.
2. She completed secondary education from girls high School Unit-2 in Bhubaneswar.
3. She completed her graduation in B.A from Rama Devi Women’s College.
1. She married Shyam Charan Murmu, a Banker in 1980.
2. She had two ( 2) sons , And (1) daughter.
3. Her Husband , two sons , mother, and a brother all died in a span of 7 years ( 2009 – 2015).
4. She is follower of the Brahma kumaris spiritual movement.
1. Murmu worked as a junior assistant at the irrigation department of the Government of Odisha from 1979 to 1983.
2. She then worked as a teacher at the school Sri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research centre which is located in Rairangpur.
3. She taught Hindi ,odia, Maths and geography .
1. Droupadi Murmu was elected as the councillor of the Rairanpur Nagar Panchayar in 1997, as an independent candidate from reserved seat for women.
2. After that she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP).
3. In 2000 Odisha legislative Assembly election , she won from Rairangpur Assembly Constituency and served as MLA between 2000 and 2009.
4. She received the Nikanth Award for the Best MLA of the Odisha Legislative Assembly in 2007.
5. She lost the Lok sabha election from Mayurbhanj Lok Sabha Constituency in 2009.
6. In 2013 , She was elected to National Executive ( ST Morcha ) and was the district president till 2015.
DROUPADI MURMU ( Governor Of Jharkhand):
(2015 – 2021)
1. Murmu take oath as governor of Jharkhand on 18 may 2015.
2. Murmu was the first women Governor of Jharkhand.
3. She served 6 years as a Governor of Jharkhand from may 2015 to july 2021.
Presidential Campaign :
1. Droupadi Murmu Was nominated bt BJP as the National Democratic Alliance ( NDA)’s candidate for the president of India for 2022 election.
2. The opposition Parties like (BJD, YSRCP, JMM, BSP, SS, JD(s) nominated Yashwant Sinha as the candidate for President.
3. Droupadi Murmu won the presidential election by defeating common opposition candidate Yashwant Sinha with 676,803 electoral votes ( 64.03% 0f total.
4. She took oath as the 15th president of India on the Central hall of parliament by the Chief Justice Of India N.V Ramana.
Presidency ( 2022- Present):
1. She was the first president from the indias designated tribal communities.
2. She was the youngest person to hold presidence office.
3. She was the first individual born after india’s independence in 1947 and elected as president.
4. Droupadi Murmu is only the second woman after pratibha patil to serve as the President of India.
Results of the 2022 Indian Presidential Election:
Pdf Of President Elections :President Election Result 2022